Restaurants and pests
Many restaurants are unsure of how best to prevent pests from disrupting there business. We at PESTUK are often asked how to keep a restaurant pest free. We find that a pest control contract will keep a business premises clear of problem pests.
Most businesses are required by law to ensure that their premises remain pest free, and the easiest and most effective way to do this is to have a regular pest control contract. Depending on the type of premises, the number of visits and the pests covered can vary. We will always recommend at least 8 scheduled inspections for a food premises per year.
Why you should have a contract
We believe prevention is better than cure. A pest control contract will provide you, the owner, with peace of mind. You will be content in the knowledge that your premises, your staff, your customers and your stock are kept safe from pests and bad publicity that can damage your business. You should also consider that it is required by law, the Food Safety Act & Food Hygiene Regulations give further legislation governing business premises that handle food. Breaching these rules can lead to fines, closure of businesses and even prison sentences.
The local Environmental Health Department and your customers will appreciate knowing that your company is proactive and responsible with regard to pest control.
What to look for in a contractor to keep your restaurant pest free
Before you agree to a contract the following should be considered:
- BPCA Membership – This ensures that you are dealing with a professional pest control contractor who is bound by the rules of the BPCA
- A written quotation, including a free survey of the premises. This should include full details of the terms of the contract, and will identify which pests, the number of scheduled visits per year, and the price.
- Evidence of adequate technical resources and training and qualifications of service staff, supervisors and management. Membership of PROMPT (Professional Pest Controllers Register) is a usually a good measure of a technicians skill level.
- Proof of adequate public liability, product liability and employers’ liability insurance cover.
- The ability to offer proofing and other preventative measures such as advice on housekeeping, storage, waste disposal, cleaning and the detection and monitoring of pest populations.
A PESTUK contract offers you
- Cover of your premises for named pests for a fixed fee (We also provide contracts that include all pests making budgeting simpler).
- Baits and insect monitoring traps are laid and inspected at regular intervals as agreed upon in the contract.
- Free call-out within 24 hours for problems from pests covered by your contract.
- Written reports after each scheduled visit detailing any problems and giving hygiene and proofing recommendations.
- Details of all insecticides/rodenticides used ( including data sheets,)
- Visits can be arranged to suit the customer.
- Discounts of 20% on any treatments carried out that are not included in your contract
- Accreditation – PEST UK is a full BPCA member. All technicians are members of the PROMPT/BASIS scheme.
- Regular Technician – Once a contract is allocated to a technician we don’t ‘swap’ technicians. He (or she) will know the history of the contract.
- Scheduled Visits – PEST UK will supply dates of scheduled visits and can ring beforehand for confirmation if required.
Contact PESTUK on 0330 100 2811 to arrange a free quote for a pest control contract for your premises if you wish to keep your restaurant pest free.