Get Rid of Silverfish
Prices from £90 +VAT
To get rid of silverfish from your home or business premises call 0800 026 0308
How much does it cost to get rid of silverfish?
x1 Insecticide spray from £90 +VAT
Silverfish are nocturnal, silvery grey wingless insects approx 1cm long with long bristles at their tail. They are usually found in damp or humid areas such as kitchens and bathrooms. They move quickly but often become trapped in baths and basins as they can’t climb smooth surfaces.
Preparation you must undertake prior to treatment
- Kitchen worktops must be cleared and wiped down to remove dust so that we can carry out the treatment efficiently.
- Drawers and cupboards must be emptied and vacuumed or wiped down.
- Carpets and flooring must be vacuumed.
- Remove any food that’s left out including pet food.
- Ensure cutlery, food, clothes, towels, toothbrushes etc are covered.
- Immediately after treatment let the spray dry; don’t clean or wipe up any puddles.
- Reduce the humidity by opening windows and increase the heat to allow the treatment to work most effectively.
- Don’t touch the treated surfaces or let pets into the treated area until dry.
- If you do get the insecticide on your skin wash it off immediately.
- Don’t wash, clean or vacuum treated surfaces for at least 2-months.
- Residual insecticide lasts 1 to 3 months.
- Get rid of damp by installing a dehumidifier.
- Stop humidity long term by keeping the area well-ventilated; it might be necessary to install an extractor fan if there are no windows or more ventilation is needed.
How our treatment works
Our technicians will use a residual insecticide spray to treat the infested areas.
Products we use
The technician will state which insecticide has been used on the report they give you after they have completed the treatment. Click each product to access its safety data sheet. All insecticides are biodegradable, almost odourless, non-tainting and don’t corrode or stain.