Pest Control in Islington
To get rid of pests from your home or business premises in Islington call PEST UK 020 7205 4199
About PEST UK
PEST UK are a member of the BPCA. We have been assessed to ensure that we meet their strict membership criteria which provides assurance that we are a fully insured, trusted company and our team of professionally trained and qualified technicians follow the BPCA Codes of Best Practice. We provide safe, legal and effective pest control services for homes and business premises 7-days/week.
Pest UK Islington have expert technicians to get rid of rats, mice, squirrels, foxes, pigeons, ants, bees, wasps & wasp nests, hornets, bed bugs, fleas, cockroaches and all other pests from homes and business premises. Our technicians are also skilled at proofing properties to protect against further pest infestations.
We have vast experience in controlling pests in a variety of commercial situations – housing estates and apartment buildings, pubs, restaurants and hotels, shops, school, college and university buildings, offices, factories, farms and stables. Our tailor-made pest control contracts for domestic and commercial premises are the most effective way to protect against and deter pests.
What pests are common in Islington?
- Mice and rats are a problem year-round as they are prolific breeders. They seek food and shelter in homes, restaurants, shops and offices, getting inside via the tiniest cracks or holes. Drains and sewers provide a perfect living environment for rats from where they climb up through the pipes to enter a building.
- The larvae of clothes moths and carpet moths are massively destructive. A female moth lays up to 50 eggs which become larvae after a few days. They feed on carpets, curtains, rugs and clothes year-round as centrally heated homes keep them active during the winter.
- Birds such as gulls, pigeons and house martins roost and nest on buildings and can cause damage to roofs, solar panels and air conditioning units. They produce large amounts of droppings that smell unpleasant and are unsightly, carry diseases and corrode metals, stone and brick. Nesting materials block guttering and chimneys.
- Squirrels are a problem for properties when they find their way into loft spaces and cause lots of noise and damage by tearing up insulation and gnawing timber, pipes and wiring.
- Foxes are a huge nuisance because they scream loudly at night, mark their territory with unpleasant scents and droppings, attack pets, dig up gardens and scavenge in bins. They carry disease such as mange and toxoplasmosis.
- Wasps and honey bees often nest in chimneys, roof spaces and other cavities within buildings. A colony consists of thousands which make a lot of noise and sting if they’re disturbed.
- Ants usually live in nests in the ground. They only invade properties in search of food, but they mostly travel in large numbers. Prevention is the best cure, however, because they can access a property via a tiny crack it can be difficult to find how they’ve gained access.
- Bed bugs aren’t easy to spot and they’re even harder to get rid of. People bring them into homes, offices, hotels and other public places on their clothes or in their luggage. They can also travel in furnishings imported from abroad.
- Fleas live in carpets and only move from the carpet to feed on animals or humans, leaving an itchy bite. Cats and dogs bring them inside, and occasionally humans carry them on their clothes if they have come from an environment with a heavy infestation.
- Flies and cockroaches enter homes and business premises in search of food. They are prolific breeders so an invasion by a couple of these pests soon becomes a huge infestation.
Islington is a residential district of inner London, located directly north of the City of London. It is within the London Borough of Islington which includes Finsbury Park, Upper Holloway, Highbury, Holloway and Clerkenwell.
It is the most densely populated borough in the UK. Residential areas incorporate large Victorian and Georgian townhouses built around squares adjacent to many council blocks and extensive estates. It also includes the Business Design Centre, formerly the Royal Agricultural Hall, which is used as an exhibition venue and conference centre as well as being home to over 100 businesses. The area is served by many pubs and restaurants, often situated in listed buildings.
Islington is situated on a hill which has long supplied the City of London with water from the many springs which lay at its foot. These include Sadler’s Wells, London Spa and Clerkenwell. The Regent’s Canal passes through Islington, much of which is via an 886-metre tunnel.
Some of the pests we deal with:
|Rats||You may see rats during daylight hours but they prefer to operate at night.|
|Ants||Worker ants will frequently enter dwellings foraging for food, particularly sweet substances.|
|Cockroaches||Cockroaches are mainly nocturnal so they are more likely to be seen at night.|
|Squirrels||The most common complaint about Squirrels is when they take residence in a loft space.|
|Mice||You may see, hear or smell a mouse problem or see other evidence such as burrowing in insulation or soil.|
|Wasps||Wasps are aggressive and will sting readily if they think the nest is in danger.|