Get Rid of Bird Problems
Prices from £100 +VAT
To get rid of bird problems from your home or business premises call 0800 026 0308
How much does it cost to get rid of bird problems?
Culling from £100 +VAT
Hawking from £200 +VAT (for a 2-hour flight)
For all the services below the price depends on the area to be treated. Please call 0800 026 0308 for a quote.
Bird and pigeon proofing from £75 +VAT
Application of Bird Free repellent gel from £75 +VAT
Solar panel proofing for a quote fill in our online form or call 0800 026 0308
Removal of bird droppings from £75 +VAT
Removal of bird nests from £75 +VAT
Our guarantee depends on the treatment we undertake.
- We guarantee the materials we use for 6-months – nets, mesh, spikes.
- Bird Free repellent gel is guaranteed for 6-months if left undisturbed.
- We can't guarantee that hawking will eradicate nuisance birds completely.
Which birds cause problems for buildings?
- Pigeons roost and nest in sheltered areas on roofs and balconies of apartment blocks and commercial buildings.
- Gulls roost and nest in sheltered areas on roofs of commercial buildings.
- House martins build their nests under the eaves of houses.
- Starlings and sparrows nest in holes and crevices in buildings, such as vents for dryers, extractor fans, soil pipes and drain pipes.
- Jackdaws build their nests in chimneys of old houses.
What problems are caused by birds?
- Gulls can attack people unprovoked, particularly during their breeding season.
- Bird droppings make pavements and walkways slippery.
- Large numbers of birds roosting or nesting in a building means a lot of noise and a large amount of droppings that are unsightly and smell unpleasant. Diseases can be spread through nesting materials and droppings that are inhaled when they become dry and airborne. Pigeons reportedly carry more than 110 pathogens, some causing severe respiratory illnesses in humans such as pneumonia. Their droppings can also harbour the fungus Cryptococcus which causes a potentially fatal fungal infection. Secondary insect infestations may occur from parasites which live on birds and in their nests such as mites, ticks, fleas and beetles.
- An infestation of birds at an office or factory can make the building look unsightly and the business appear unclean, damaging a company’s reputation. If the building is used for food production or packing this violates the Food Safety Regulations 1995 and may result in prosecution of the food company.
- Birds can cause damage to the structure of property. Droppings are acidic so corrode and erode metals, stonework and brickwork. Nesting materials can block chimneys, flues and guttering.
How our treatment works
Our technician will discuss which treatment will be most effective for your situation.
- Nighttime shoots for crows, jackdaws, rooks, jays, magpies, Canada geese, pigeons, collared doves, monk parakeets and lesser black-backed gulls can be carried out by our qualified technicians if absolutely necessary and permissible in the location.
- Hawking can be used to deter nuisance birds from roosting and nesting a however it needs to be carried out frequently to be effective.
All wild birds, their nests and eggs are protected by law under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. However, there are certain exceptions which permit professional pest controllers with a wildlife licence issued by government departments to take appropriate action to control certain birds by deterring them to protect a building and the public’s health.
Additional services we offer
Bird and pigeon proofing
We offer various bird proofing options. Our technician will recommend which method will be most effective for your situation.
- Anti-perch spikes fitted onto anything birds can use to perch such as chimneys, lights, balconies and tv aerials.
- Netting installed to protect rooftops and balconies from birds landing and perching.
- Bird Free repellent gel applied on rooftops and around buildings to prevent birds from roosting and nesting. The gel creates a glow similar to shimmering fire whilst emitting a pungent odour which together cause an aversion response in birds.
- Solar panel proofing using mesh or spikes.
- Fitting a chimney cowl to the top of a chimney pot stops jackdaws and other birds from gaining access. If the fireplace is disused and blocked up the chimney pot can be capped although it will still need to let in air for ventilation.
Removal of bird droppings
The affected area is sprayed with water to loosen and soften the debris and dampen down any dust. The droppings are scraped into a bin bag and tightly sealed before being disposed of. The technician will the treat the area with a biocidal spray.
Removal of bird nests
All bird nests are protected by law. It is illegal to intentionally disturb or destroy the active nest of any wild bird.
Removing a bird nest will prevent birds such as house martins and swallows from re-using the nest. Bird nests harbour parasites which can enter your home via gaps in the sofits, window frames, air bricks etc.
Our technician will safely remove each nest, placing it into a bin bag which they will tightly seal before disposing of it. They will clean the area where the nest was situated and treat it with a biocidal spray.
Once the bird nest in a chimney has stopped being active you will need to have the chimney swept to remove nesting materials and debris as this is flammable.