Get Rid of Pigeons | Pigeon Removal Specialists
Prices for proofing from £75/£90 +VAT and for culling from £100/£120 +VAT
To get rid of pigeons from your home or business premises call 0800 026 0308
Pigeons cause problems when they take roost or nest in or around homes and business premises.
Why is it necessary to get rid of pigeons?
- Pigeon droppings make pavements and walkways slippery.
- Large numbers of pigeons roosting or nesting in a building means a lot of noise and a large amount of droppings that are unsightly and smell unpleasant. Diseases can be spread through nesting materials and droppings that are inhaled when they become dry and airborne. Pigeons reportedly carry more than 110 pathogens, some causing severe respiratory illnesses in humans such as pneumonia. Their droppings can also harbour the fungus Cryptococcus which causes a potentially fatal fungal infection. Secondary insect infestations may occur from parasites which live on birds and in their nests such as mites, ticks, fleas and beetles.
- An infestation of pigeons at an office or factory can make the building look unsightly and the business appear unclean, damaging a company’s reputation. If the building is used for food production or packing this violates the Food Safety Regulations 1995 and may result in prosecution of the food company.
- Pigeons can cause damage to the structure of property. Droppings are acidic so corrode and erode metals, stonework and brickwork. Nesting materials can block chimneys, flues and guttering.
What pigeon proofing options do we offer?
- Anti-perch spikes can be installed on anything which pigeons can use to perch such as chimneys, lights, balconies and tv aerials. They prevent pigeons from perching and fouling the walls of buildings and making a mess of walkways and pavements below.
- Netting can be installed to protect rooftops and balconies from pigeons landing and perching.
- Bird Free repellent gel applied on rooftops and around buildings prevents pigeons from roosting and nesting. The gel creates a glow similar to shimmering fire whilst emitting a pungent odour which together cause an aversion response in birds.
All wild birds, their nests and eggs are protected by law under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. However, there are certain exceptions which permit professional pest controllers with a wildlife licence issued by government departments to take appropriate action to control certain birds by deterring them to protect a building and the public’s health.
Where absolutely necessary, and if permissible in the location, our qualified technicians can carry out night time shoots.
Hawking is used to deter nuisance birds at sites where spiking and netting are not feasible. It needs to be carried out frequently to be effective in discouraging pigeons from feeding, nesting and roosting in a particular area.
The beneﬁts of hawking are
- it’s a humane method as the nuisance pigeons aren’t killed but ‘scared’ away;
- it’s environmentally friendly;
- there are no visual effects as with netting and spiking.
Chris Gray is our specialist technician for hawking. He currently owns five Harris Hawks, two Peregrine falcons, a hybrid Gyrfalcon and two Peregrine hybrids for situations like landfill sites. The birds of prey are trained to a high level and only receive food from their handler and will not attack other birds or animals. They will also not pester the general public and are undisturbed by machinery or people.
PEST UK’s Guarantee
- We guarantee the materials we use – nets, mesh, spikes – for 6-months.
- Bird Free repellent gel is guaranteed for 6-months if left undisturbed.
- We cannot guarantee that hawking will eradicate nuisance birds completely.
How much does it cost to get rid of pigeons?
|Pigeon proofing from||£75/£90||+VAT|
|Bird Free repellent gel from||£75/£90||+VAT|
* 2-hour flight £200/£220 +VAT
What products do we use?
The only chemical treatment we offer is a repellent gel.