Pigeon Culling and Hawking
Prices from £100 +VAT
To get rid of pigeons from your home or business premises call 0800 026 0308
How much does it cost to get rid of pigeons?
Culling from £100 +VAT
Hawking from £200 +VAT (for a 2-hour flight)
Removal of pigeon droppings for a quote call 0800 026 0308
Removal of pigeon nests for a quote call 0800 026 0308
Pigeon proofing from £75 +VAT
Solar panel proofing for a quote fill in our online form or call 0800 026 0308
We can't guarantee culling or hawking will completely eradicate pigeons, but the numbers will be reduced significantly.
- Culling and hawking will need to be carried out frequently to control the pigeon population in a particular location.
Why is it necessary to get rid of pigeons?
- Pigeon droppings make pavements and walkways slippery.
- Large numbers of pigeons roosting or nesting in a building means a lot of noise and a large amount of droppings that are unsightly and smell unpleasant.
- Diseases can be spread through nesting materials and droppings that are inhaled when they become dry and airborne. Pigeons reportedly carry more than 110 pathogens, some causing severe respiratory illnesses in humans such as pneumonia. Their droppings can also harbour the fungus Cryptococcus which causes a potentially fatal fungal infection.
- Secondary insect infestations may occur from parasites which live on birds and in their nests such as mites, ticks, fleas and beetles.
- An infestation of pigeons at an office or factory can make the building look unsightly and the business appear unclean, damaging a company’s reputation.
- Buildings used for food production or packing can’t have pigeons in close proximity as this violates the Food Safety Regulations 1995 and may result in prosecution of the food company.
- Pigeons can cause damage to the structure of property. Droppings are acidic so corrode and erode metals, stonework and brickwork. Nesting materials can block chimneys, flues and guttering.
How our treatment works
Where absolutely necessary, pigeons can be shot by an authorised person with a General Licence to protect public health and prevent the spread of disease as well as to prevent serious damage to livestock, foodstuffs for livestock, crops, vegetables or fruit. If it is permissible in the location, our qualified technicians can carry out nighttime shoots.
Hawking is used to deter pigeons around residential properties and in commercial situations such as landfill sites. It needs to be carried out frequently to be effective in discouraging pigeons from feeding, nesting and roosting in a particular area.
The birds of prey are trained to a high level and only receive food from their handler and will not attack other birds or animals. They will also not pester the general public and are undisturbed by machinery or people. It’s a humane method as the nuisance pigeons aren’t killed but ‘scared’ away.
Additional services we offer
Removal of pigeon droppings
The affected area is sprayed with water to loosen and soften the debris and dampen down any dust. The droppings are scraped into a bin bag and tightly sealed before being disposed of. The technician will the treat the area with a biocidal spray.
We offer various bird proofing options. Our technician will recommend which method will be most effective for your situation.
- Anti-perch spikes fitted onto anything pigeons can use to perch such as chimneys, lights, balconies and tv aerials.
- Netting installed to protect rooftops and balconies from pigeons landing and perching.
- Bird Free repellent gel applied on rooftops and around buildings to prevent pigeons from roosting and nesting. The gel creates a glow similar to shimmering fire whilst emitting a pungent odour which together cause an aversion response in birds.
- Solar panel proofing using mesh or spikes.
- Hawking can be used to deter nuisance pigeons from roosting and nesting, however it needs to be carried out frequently to be effective.
Solar panel proofing
We provide various options for protecting solar panels from pigeons nesting and roosting below them.
- Deter birds from landing on or near solar panels by using a repellent gel.
- Prevent birds from pushing underneath solar panels by fitting mesh using specially designed clips around the sides of the panels or installing Solar-Guard Spikes.
- Proof anything on the roof which birds can perch on by installing anti-perch spikes.