Pest Control in Balham
To get rid of pests from your home or business premises in Balham call PEST UK 020 3150 0771
About PEST UK
PEST UK are a member of the BPCA and have been assessed to ensure that we meet their strict membership criteria. This provides assurance that we are a fully insured, trusted company with a team of professionally trained and qualified technicians who follow the BPCA Codes of Best Practice. We provide safe, legal and effective pest control services for homes and business premises 7-days/week.
Pest UK Balham have expert technicians to get rid of ants, bees, bed bugs, pigeons, fleas, rats, mice, squirrels, foxes, cockroaches, flies, wasps & wasp nests, hornets and all other pests. Our technicians are also skilled at proofing properties to prevent further infestations.
We have vast experience in controlling pests in a variety of commercial situations – pubs, restaurants and hotels, factories, shops, school, college and university buildings, farms and stables, offices, housing estates and apartment buildings. We offer tailor-made pest control contracts for domestic and commercial premises. A contract provides the simplest way to proof against and deter pests. As a result you can avoid costly damage to your property and the spread of disease.
What pests are common in Balham?
- Wasps and honey bees often nest in chimneys, roof spaces and other cavities within buildings. A colony consists of thousands which make a lot of noise and sting if they’re disturbed.
- Ants usually live in nests in the ground. They only invade properties in search of food, but they mostly travel in large numbers. Prevention is the best cure, however, because they can access a property via a tiny crack it can be difficult to find how they’ve gained access.
- Flies and cockroaches enter homes and business premises in search of food. They are prolific breeders so an invasion by a couple of these pests soon becomes a huge infestation.
- Bed bugs aren’t easy to spot and they’re even harder to get rid of. People bring them into homes, offices, hotels and other public places on their clothes or in their luggage. They can also travel in furnishings imported from abroad.
- Fleas live in carpets and only move from the carpet to feed on animals or humans, leaving an itchy bite. Cats and dogs bring them inside, and occasionally humans carry them on their clothes if they have come from an environment with a heavy infestation.
- Mice and rats are a problem year-round as they are prolific breeders. They seek food and shelter in homes, restaurants, shops and offices, getting inside via the tiniest cracks or holes. Drains and sewers provide a perfect living environment for rats from where they climb up through the pipes to enter a building.
- The larvae of clothes moths and carpet moths are massively destructive. A female moth lays up to 50 eggs which become larvae after a few days. They feed on carpets, curtains, rugs and clothes year-round as centrally heated homes keep them active during the winter.
- Squirrels are a problem for properties when they find their way into loft spaces and cause lots of noise and damage by tearing up insulation and gnawing timber, pipes and wiring.
- Foxes are a huge nuisance because they scream loudly at night, mark their territory with unpleasant scents and droppings, attack pets, dig up gardens and scavenge in bins. They carry disease such as mange and toxoplasmosis.
- Birds such as gulls, pigeons and house martins roost and nest on buildings and can cause damage to roofs, solar panels and air conditioning units. They produce large amounts of droppings that smell unpleasant and are unsightly, carry diseases and corrode metals, stone and brick. Nesting materials block guttering and chimneys.
To find out how much it costs to treat pests or proof a building please see our price list
Balham is an area of South London in the borough of Wandsworth. Its centre is Balham High Road which has a variety of bars, pubs and restaurants, chain stores, independent shops, a comedy club and a boutique cinema. The adjoining Clapham, Wandsworth, and Tooting Bec commons provide green space for walks, sports and picnics.
Some of the pests we deal with:
|Rats||You may see rats during daylight hours but they prefer to operate at night.|
|Ants||Worker ants will frequently enter dwellings foraging for food, particularly sweet substances.|
|Cockroaches||Cockroaches are mainly nocturnal so they are more likely to be seen at night.|
|Squirrels||The most common complaint about Squirrels is when they take residence in a loft space.|
|Mice||You may see, hear or smell a mouse problem or see other evidence such as burrowing in insulation or soil.|
|Wasps||Wasps are aggressive and will sting readily if they think the nest is in danger.|