Pest Control in Dagenham
To get rid of pests from your home or business premises in Dagenham call PEST UK 0203 150 1518
About PEST UK
PEST UK are a member of the BPCA and have been assessed to ensure that we meet their strict membership criteria. This provides assurance that we are a fully insured, trusted company with a team of professionally trained and qualified technicians who follow the BPCA Codes of Best Practice. We provide safe, legal and effective pest control services for homes and business premises 7-days/week.
Pest UK Dagenham have expert technicians to get rid of ants, bees, wasps & wasp nests, hornets, bed bugs, fleas, rats, mice, squirrels, foxes, pigeons, cockroaches and all other pests from homes and business premises. Our technicians are also skilled at proofing properties to protect against further infestations.
We have vast experience in controlling pests in a variety of commercial situations – housing estates and apartment buildings, school, college and university buildings, pubs, restaurants and hotels, offices, factories, shops, farms and stables. We offer tailor-made pest control contracts for domestic and commercial premises. A contract provides the simplest way to proof against and deter pests. As a result you can avoid costly damage to your property and the spread of disease.
What pests are common in Dagenham?
- Mice and rats are a problem year-round as they are prolific breeders. They seek food and shelter in homes, restaurants, shops and offices, getting inside via the tiniest cracks or holes. Drains and sewers provide a perfect living environment for rats from where they climb up through the pipes to enter a building.
- Bed bugs aren’t easy to spot and they’re even harder to get rid of. People bring them into homes, offices, hotels and other public places on their clothes or in their luggage. They can also travel in furnishings imported from abroad.
- Fleas live in carpets and only move from the carpet to feed on animals or humans, leaving an itchy bite. Cats and dogs bring them inside, and occasionally humans carry them on their clothes if they have come from an environment with a heavy infestation.
- The larvae of clothes moths and carpet moths are massively destructive. A female moth lays up to 50 eggs which become larvae after a few days. They feed on carpets, curtains, rugs and clothes year-round as centrally heated homes keep them active during the winter.
- Flies and cockroaches enter homes and business premises in search of food. They are prolific breeders so an invasion by a couple of these pests soon becomes a huge infestation.
- Wasps and honey bees often nest in chimneys, roof spaces and other cavities within buildings. A colony consists of thousands which make a lot of noise and sting if they’re disturbed.
- Ants usually live in nests in the ground. They only invade properties in search of food, but they mostly travel in large numbers. Prevention is the best cure, however, because they can access a property via a tiny crack it can be difficult to find how they’ve gained access.
- Birds such as gulls, pigeons and house martins roost and nest on buildings and can cause damage to roofs, solar panels and air conditioning units. They produce large amounts of droppings that smell unpleasant and are unsightly, carry diseases and corrode metals, stone and brick. Nesting materials block guttering and chimneys.
- Squirrels are a problem for properties when they find their way into loft spaces and cause lots of noise and damage by tearing up insulation and gnawing timber, pipes and wiring.
- Foxes are a huge nuisance because they scream loudly at night, mark their territory with unpleasant scents and droppings, attack pets, dig up gardens and scavenge in bins. They carry disease such as mange and toxoplasmosis.
To find out how much it costs to treat pests or proof a building please see our price list
Dagenham is a town in East London, situated in Essex. Originally a small rural parish, it became the Dagenham Urban District in 1926 after the construction of the large Becontree estate. In 1938 it became a municipal borough and then, when Greater London was created in 1965, most of the area covered by the municipal borough became part of the London Borough of Barking, renamed Barking and Dagenham in 1980.
PEST UK Dagenham Gallery
Pest UK Dagenham
Some of the pests we deal with:
|Rats||You may see rats during daylight hours but they prefer to operate at night.|
|Ants||Worker ants will frequently enter dwellings foraging for food, particularly sweet substances.|
|Cockroaches||Cockroaches are mainly nocturnal so they are more likely to be seen at night.|
|Squirrels||The most common complaint about Squirrels is when they take residence in a loft space.|
|Mice||You may see, hear or smell a mouse problem or see other evidence such as burrowing in insulation or soil.|
|Wasps||Wasps are aggressive and will sting readily if they think the nest is in danger.|