Get Rid of Woodlice
Prices from £90 +VAT
To get rid of woodlice (cheeselogs) from your home or business premises call 0800 026 0308
Woodlice are a nuisance not a health hazard. They prefer damp conditions and feed off decaying vegetable matter, dead insects, fungi etc.
An infestation of woodlice always originates from outside. Woodlice get inside via cavity walls and chimneys, then wander into rooms, usually at night, from behind and under skirting boards and under doors. They only survive in humid conditions so if the room is too dry they will often die.
Preparation you must undertake prior to treatment
- Thoroughly vacuum the areas where you see woodlice as well as under standing furniture and the edges of the rooms.
- Immediately after treatment let the spray dry; don’t clean or wipe up any puddles.
- Don’t touch the treated surfaces or let pets into the treated area until dry.
- If you do get the insecticide on your skin wash it off immediately.
- Reduce the humidity by opening windows and increase the heat to allow the treatment to work most effectively.
- Do not vacuum for at least 2-weeks or longer if the room(s) are at low temperature or live and/or dead woodlice are still being seen.
To prevent woodlice accessing your property
- Remove any possible harbourages from the area immediately outside the house, ie. piles of logs, paving slabs, vegetation close to the house, loose bricks and other debris.
- If dampness is a problem use a dehumidifier.
- Cover air bricks with a fine mesh.
How our treatment works
Our technician will apply a residual insecticide to the infested and surrounding areas with an insecticide.
Products we use
The technician will state which insecticide has been used on the report they give you after they have completed the treatment. Click each product to access its safety data sheet. All insecticides are biodegradable, almost odourless, non-tainting and don’t corrode or stain.