Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Silverfish
Frequently asked questions about silverfish:
Silverfish enter homes seeking food. They like environments that have a lot of humidity or moisture and are often found in places such as bathrooms and utility rooms.
Silverfish are almost harmless and rarely cause any major damage to homes. They can be a nuisance in large numbers.
Reducing moisture and humidity of a room and an insecticide spray will kill silverfish.
Silverfish are usually found in moist, humid areas such as bathrooms however wet or damp towels and clothes can attract silverfish to bedrooms.
Silverfish are not usually a sign of a dirty house but can indicate a mold issue.
If you see one silverfish, there is a good chance hundreds are living in your home. A single female can lay 100 eggs in her lifetime and it only takes 3 months from egg to adult. It doesn’t take long for silverfish infestation to get out of hand.
Silverfish aren’t harmful to humans so they don’t necessarily need to be killed however they can become a nuisance in large numbers and damage belongings.
Silverfish eat mold, so their presence may also indicate a mold issue in your home.