Pest Control Thatcham
PESTUK have been treating pests in and around Thatcham since the company started in 1985 providing services for commercial and domestic properties in and around the area. We are a fully insured company and our technicians are fully trained and CRB checked. PESTUK are also full members of the BPCA. The British Pest Control Association are the governing body for those with an interest in the eradication and control of pests in the UK. You can search for member companies via their website, this is something we would always recommend to anyone ‘shopping around’ as this is the best way to avoid a cowboy company.
Common pests dealt with
Pests that we most commonly treat in Thatcham include-
- wasps- a nest will get larger until the autumn and it is the autumn and early winter when they are at their most aggressive and dopey. This is when they are likely to sting people.
- bees- the operator will be able to tell you what sort of bees they are, usually either Bumble Bees, Honey Bees or a wild species such as masonry or mining bees.
- rats- you may see rats, hear them, smell their urine, see or suffer the consequences of their damage or see droppings or gnawing to items in your home.
- mice- they are commonly heard in loft spaces and will travel in the wall cavities to all parts of the house, especially to areas where food can be found. They often follow the routes of pipes throughout the house. They are braver than rats.
- squirrels- the most common complaint about Squirrels is when they take move into a loft space. They make a tremendous amount of noise and usually are much more destructive than rats or mice. They will enter loft spaces for shelter or a breeding site.
- ants- worker ants will frequently enter dwellings foraging for food, particularly sweet substances. They are not a risk to human health, however they can be present in sufficient numbers to cause a nuisance.
- bed bugs- they bite at night. The bite marks will depend on the reaction of the person being bitten, different people react in a different way and at different times to others. Bites are usually on areas of the body that stick out of the bed covers. Preparation is vital for a treatment to work.
To book an appointment please call us on-