Pest Control Contracts
Commercial Pest Control Contracts
Most businesses are required by law to ensure that their premises remain pest free, and the easiest and most effective way to do this is to have regular Pest Control Contract.
Domestic Pest Control Contracts
Although pest control contracts are usually considered for commercial premises, they can be useful for domestic or residential properties too. Particularly large properties, with extensive grounds and horses, chickens or other livestock may benefit from regular inspections. A domestic pest control contract can also provide peace of mind for holiday homes which may be empty for extended periods.
Why Have a Contract?
- Peace of Mind - A good contract from a reliable contractor should ensure that your premises, your staff and your business will be safe from pests and safe from any bad publicity and prosecutions that can occur if pests are found. If you have livestock or pets you will want to know that they are as well protected as possible.Prevention is better than cure
- The Law - The Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1949 requires property owners to ensure that their premises remain free of pests. The Food Safety Act & Food Hygiene Regulations include further legislation governing business premise that handle food. Closure of businesses, fines of up to £20,000.00 and prison sentences of up to 6 months can be imposed for breaching these rules. Currently some of the legislation governing food standards is agreed in the European Union, and a good contractor will be aware of any changes or implications relating to the rules governing pest control legislation.
The local Environmental Health Department and your customers will appreciate knowing that your company is proactive and responsible with regard to pest control, and in some cases clients might even insist on proof that a contract is in place.
What To Look For In A Contractor
Before agreeing to a contract the following points should be checked with your contractor:
- BPCA Membership – This ensures that you are dealing with a professional pest control contractor who is bound by the rules of the BPCA
- A full written quotation, including a free survey. This should include full details of the terms of the contract, and will identify which pests, the number of scheduled visits per year, and the price. These details will vary depending on the type of premises and the individual requirements. The number of scheduled inspections may vary from 4 to 20. This depends on the type of contract, cover required and risk factor. We recommend at least 8 scheduled inspections for a food premises. A domestic house may only need 4 scheduled inspections per year while a rubbish tip may need 20.
- Evidence of adequate technical resources and of training and qualifications of service staff, supervisors and management. Membership of PROMPT (Professional Pest Controllers Register) is a usually a good measure of a technicians skill level.
- Proof of adequate public liability, product liability and employers’ liability insurance cover.
- The ability to offer proofing and other preventative measures such as advice on housekeeping, storage, waste disposal, cleaning and the detection and monitoring of pest populations.
- Reporting procedures giving clear accountability on both sides.
What A PEST UK Contract Offers
- Cover of your premises for named pests for a fixed fee (We also do contracts that include all pests making budgeting simpler).
- Baits and insect monitoring traps laid and inspected at regular intervals as agreed ion the contract.
- Free call-out within 24 hours for problems from pests covered by the contract.
- Written reports after each scheduled visit detailing any problems and giving hygiene/proofing recommendations.
- Details of all insecticides/rodenticides used ( including data sheets,)
- Timing of visits can be arranged to suit the customer.
- Discounts of 20% on any treatments carried out that are not included in your contract
- Accreditation - PEST UK is a full BPCA member. All technicians are members of the PROMPT/BASIS scheme.
- Regular Technician - Once a contract is allocated to a technician we don’t ‘swap’ technicians. He (or she) will know the history of the contract.
- Scheduled Visits - PEST UK will supply dates of scheduled visits and can ring beforehand for confirmation if required.
- Regular Advice - Your technician will be available for advice between 8am & 18.00hrs.
- 7 Day Service - PEST UK operates 7 days a week including Bank Holidays.
Ask for a FREE Survey
Contact PEST UK on 0800 026 0308 to arrange a free survey and no –obligation quote for a pest control contract fro your premises.
PEST UK is medium sized, local, (Berkshire, North Hampshire, NW Surrey, South Oxfordshire, Middlesex, West London & South Buckinghamshire) but highly professional company. Our company matches (& in most cases exceeds) any of the multi national companies for expertise & training. PEST UK also provide a quicker, cheaper and more personal service. PEST UK is not a franchise.